Patient Rights and Responsibilities
You Have the Right:
- To receive professional and considerate care without regard to race, color, sex or religious preference.
- To receive assistance in receiving continuity of care and help in locating an alternative physician when desired.
- To expect every effort be made to communicate effectively regardless of any language barrier.
- To receive information necessary for informed consent prior to any procedure.
- To refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law and to be informed of the consequences.
- To receive every consideration of privacy and confidentiality.
- To inspect or obtain copies of your records upon reasonable notice and payment of copy charges with written request to the office.
- To be informed of other professionals who will be assisting with your care.
- To consent or refuse to participate in research activities.
- To request and receive an itemized bill for services provided at the Center. Prior to initiation of treatment you have the right to be informed of usual and customary charges, or estimated charges.
- To discuss any concerns, complaints, or suggestions with the Patient Representative and to review the Center’s policy and procedure regarding the expression of suggestions and grievances.
You Have the Responsibility:
- To disclose to the best of your ability complete and accurate information pertinent to your condition, medications (including over-the-counter products and supplements), allergies or sensitivities, symptoms, and other factors which could assist in making a diagnosis and your course of treatment.
- To promptly notify the doctor of any changes in your condition.
- To follow, to the best of your ability, any agreed on treatment plan.
- To provide a responsible adult to transport and remain with you for 24 hours as required for various surgeries and other treatments.
- To clearly inform the doctor if you do not understand or agree with any part of your treatment plan.
- To use your best efforts to keep all scheduled appointments, arrive on time, and call the office as soon as possible if it is necessary to cancel or reschedule.
- To provide all necessary insurance information, make prompt payment on all charges for which you are responsible and take full responsibility for the financial obligations, related to your health care.
- To be respectful and considerate of other patients, staff, and health care providers.
- To follow the Center’s rules and regulations related to patients.
- To ask to speak to the Patient Representative if you feel you need further assistance.
If we have not been able to resolve your concern to your satisfaction, please ask to see the Patient Representative.