In Vitro Maturation (IVM)
In vitro maturation (IVM) was developed to provide a safer and less expensive alternative to conventional IVF.
What is IVM?
IVM is the process in which immature eggs are collected from unstimulated ovaries and matured in a laboratory using hormones. “In vitro” matured eggs are then fertilized using Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) and transferred into the patient’s womb.
Who should consider IVM?
- Women less than 35 years old
- Women with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Women with a history of hyperstimulation on fertility medications
- Women with a history of poor oocyte (egg) quality
- Women planning to have chemotherapy.
CCRM is now offering IVM as a clinical treatment. Please contact (303) 788-8300 to schedule an appointment.