Donor Egg Program
Use of donated eggs can lead to successful pregnancies for:
- women with premature ovarian failure
- women whose own eggs are of poor quality
- women in the older reproductive age group (under age 50)
- women with chromosomal translocations or genetic diseases that they wish to avoid passing on to their offspring.
Donors may be a family member or friend of the woman desiring a pregnancy or an anonymous volunteer screened by our staff. The egg donor must use fertility drugs to stimulate the development of multiple mature eggs, whereas the recipient woman takes estrogen and progesterone to prepare the uterus for embryos derived through egg donation. Ninety percent of our egg donor cycles include the use of an anonymous young, female donor. Our donor egg IVF pregnancy rate has consistently ranged between 75 - 88% per treatment cycle over the past few years. The sperm of the husband, partner, or sperm donor is used to fertilize the eggs. All egg donors are screened before they are accepted into the program. Anonymous egg donors are healthy women between the ages of 19-33 who go through the following testing procedures before being accepted:
- medical history and physical examination
- testing for infectious diseases per FDA guidelines
- chromosome analysis
- screening for inheritable diseases through family health questionnaire
- psychological assessment through the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory and interview with our staff psychologist.
Many recipient couples have a large number of embryos through egg donation, which allows the possibility of freezing some for future use. The approximate cost of donor egg IVF in our program with medications and an anonymous egg donor cycle is $35,000-$38,000.
For more information on the donor egg program, please contact (303) 788-8300.
View our available Pre-Screened Donors
Interested in Becoming an Egg Donor?
Please visit our egg donation site at: www.ColoEggDonor.com.
View Full Profiles
Complete the following to receive a username and password to view our extended profiles and childhood photos.
All fields marked with an asterisk* are required.